Who Is This Rate For?
Seasonal Opportunity Sales Service is for businesses in Wisconsin that use natural
gas five months or less from May 1 through Oct. 31, including:
- agribusinesses using grain dryers
- seasonal canning companies
- asphalt plants
Back to Top
How Reliable Is The Service This Rate Provides?
Seasonal Opportunity Sales Service provides interruptible gas service for your
operation. This means gas service to your operation can be interrupted in an emergency
or when demand is very high. In return, you pay less than customers who receive firm
As with any gas service, unexpected events may also occur (such as a severe storm
or a contractor digging into a gas line) that make it impossible to deliver gas to
your operation. When this happens, WPS responds immediately to restore
Back to Top
What Charges Are Involved?
Two types of charges appear on your monthly gas bill:
Local Distribution Service
Local Distribution Service is made up of Fixed and Volumetric charges.
- The Fixed charge covers many costs of safe, reliable delivery of natural gas.
These costs exist regardless of how much gas a customer uses. For example, fixed
- The gas piping that's required to deliver gas
- Labor and supplies required to maintain the gas main
- Labor and supplies to read the meter
- Qualified people to respond to gas emergencies
- The Fixed Charge is the same for all customers with similar gas use.
- The Volumetric charge on your bill varies each month based on how many
therms of gas you use.
Local Distribution Service Charges on Your Gas Bill
|Annual Natural Gas Usage (Customer Class)
|Up to 200,000 therms (Cg-FM)
||$150.00 per month
||$0.0707 per therm
|200,001 or more therms (Cg-FL)
||$656.00 per month
||$0.0336 per therm
* The monthly Fixed charge is billed only during the months when you use more
than 30 therms of gas since your last bill. If your gas usage exceeds 30 therms
of gas for more than five months in a rolling 12-month period, your bill will
include the Fixed charge each month until your gas consumption returns to a level
where you use more than 30 therms of gas only five months or less out of each
rolling 12-month period.
Gas Supply Service
Gas Supply Service is the purchase, transportation and storage of gas, as well as
the management of gas supplies for our customers. It includes:
- Gas Supply Acquisition Service - The purchase and management of gas
supplies, as well as the carrying costs of gas bought in the summer and stored
for winter use.
- Natural Gas Costs - The actual price we pay to purchase gas from
suppliers, including the costs of interstate pipeline transportation and storage
services (These charges vary each month with the market price of natural gas.)
Please Note: WPS does not profit from the price of gas, which appears on your bill as Natural Gas Costs. This charge reflects the actual cost for gas incurred by WPS.
Several factors can influence your monthly gas use. Major factors that can be measured by WPS are summarized in the lower left-hand corner of your monthly bill.
Back to Top