We believe in community, and we believe in sharing. That's why Wisconsin Public Service Foundation provides financial help to local charities and organizations in communities where we operate in Wisconsin, Michigan, and Minnesota. In 2012, we gave $1,100,439 back to our communities through direct contributions, scholarships, and our Matching Gifts and Dollars for Doers programs.
Contributions are made in the following categories:
- Community & Neighborhood Development: Communities become stronger when neighbors work together. We support nonprofit organizations dedicated to community improvement.
- Education: Life-long learning helps ensure a strong future for our communities and their economies. We support programs that complement our company's educational programs and philosophies, including opportunities for minorities and women. We support programs where businesses and educational institutions partner, provide career planning and mentor youth.
- Environment: As a company, we protect and encourage the wise use of natural resources. We also support others' efforts for the betterment of fish and wildlife, water and air quality, forests, energy efficiency, renewable energy and recycling.
- Human Services & Health*: The physical and emotional well-being of everyone in our communities is a measure of the health of the communities. We support programs that serve limited-income, senior and handicapped individuals. And we support programs emphasizing wellness.
- Arts & Culture: Arts and culture add to the richness of life in our communities. We support projects that promote diversity and make the arts accessible to all people, including theater, dance, music, drama and museums.
* Includes corporate gifts to United Way agencies.