The scholarship application is closed for the school year. Please check back near the start of the next school year for application information.
This scholarship provides graduating high school seniors an opportunity to continue their education at an accredited college or university offering a bachelor's degree program.
We believe that through encouragement and financial assistance, these deserving students will one day make a significant contribution to their communities.
- Be the son/daughter of a customer whose primary residence (where the student attends high school) is in the WPS territory, or the son/daughter of an employee of WPS.
- Attend a college or university accredited by a regional or state accrediting agency listed in the latest edition of the "Higher Education Directory."
- Complete his or her high school graduation requirements in the current academic year.
- Enter college by September of the current year.
- Be in the upper 10% of his or her graduation class (scholastically).
- Scholarship recipients attending one of the approved colleges in Wisconsin or Upper Michigan will receive a one-year honorary award of $1,000.
- Scholarship recipients attending colleges or universities not on the approved college list will receive a one-year honorary award of $500.
- In addition, awards may be used at any of the two-year campuses of the University of Wisconsin Center System, provided the intention is to transfer and obtain a bachelor's degree.
How to Apply
To be considered for a Wisconsin Public Service Foundation scholarship, applicants must:
- Obtain their junior rank-in-class from their counselor.
- Complete and submit the on-line application form prior to February 1, 2015. (Note: Because scores from the ACT or SAT are required, the application should not be submitted until after the applicant has received test score results.)
Questions can be sent to Scholarship Assessment Service at 920-832-8322 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications must be submitted by February 1.
Recipients and alternates will be notified in April, and each scholarship award will become effective when the student is enrolled in college. The scholarship award will be sent directly to the college and will be credited to the recipient's account.
If a recipient's studies are interrupted by illness, accident or other extenuating circumstances, a student can request that the scholarship be held for later use.
Semi-finalists are selected based on rank-in-class and ACT or SAT scores. Semi-finalists will be required to submit the following:
- Biographical Questionnaire
- Secondary School Report Form
- Copy of Student Aid Report (SAR)
Award recipients and alternates are selected by evaluating test scores, high school academic records, extracurricular activities, high school recommendations, creativity and written expression.
An independent scholarship committee of educators selects scholarship recipients. Committee members, whose training and experience qualify them to evaluate applicants, are from the field of higher education. No employees of WPS will be engaged in the selection process.
Approved Colleges in Wisconsin and Upper Michigan
- Alverno College - Milwaukee, WI
- Bellin College of Nursing - Green Bay, WI
- Beloit College - Beloit, WI
- Cardinal Stritch University - Milwaukee, WI
- Carroll College - Waukesha, WI
- Carthage College - Kenosha, WI
- Concordia University - Mequon, WI
- Edgewood College - Madison, WI
- Findlandia University - Hancock, WI
- Lake Superior State University - Marie, MI
- Lakeland College - Sheboygan, WI
- Lawrence University - Appleton, WI
- Marian College of Fond du Lac - Fond du Lac, WI
- Marquette University - Milwaukee, WI
- Michigan Technological University - Houghton, MI
- Milwaukee School of Engineering - Milwaukee, WI
- Mount Mary College - Milwaukee, WI
- Mount Senario College - Ladysmith, WI
- Northern Michigan University - Marquette, MI
- Northland College - Ashland, WI
- Ripon College - Ripon, WI
- Silver Lake College - Manitowoc, WI
- St. Norbert College - De Pere, WI
- University of Wisconsin-Eau Claire - Eau Claire, WI
- University of Wisconsin-Green Bay - Green Bay, WI
- University of Wisconsin-La Crosse - La Crosse, WI
- University of Wisconsin-Madison - Madison, WI
- University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee - Milwaukee, WI
- University of Wisconsin-Oshkosh - Oshkosh, WI
- University of Wisconsin-Parkside - Kenosha, WI
- University of Wisconsin-Platteville - Platteville, WI
- University of Wisconsin-River Falls - River Falls, WI
- University of Wisconsin-Stevens Point - Stevens Point, WI
- University of Wisconsin-Stout - Menomonie, WI
- University of Wisconsin-Superior - Superior, WI
- University of Wisconsin-Whitewater - Whitewater, WI
- Viterbo College - La Crosse, WI
- Wisconsin Lutheran College - Milwaukee, WI
Approved Two-Year Campuses
- Baraboo/Sauk County
- Barron County
- Fond du Lac
- Fox Valley
- Marathon County
- Marinette County
- Marshfield/Wood County
- Rock County
- Washington County