Wisconsin Public Service
Delivering safe and reliable energy to Wisconsin and Upper Michigan
Gas odor or damaged gas lineLeave area immediately and call:800-450-7280
Carbon monoxideLeave building and call:911
Power outageCheck status or report online800-450-7240
Downed power line911 or 800-450-7240
Home / Safety / Indoor Safety
Carbon monoxide is a dangerous gas produced when heating systems are
not working correctly. You can't smell, taste or see carbon monoxide.
That makes it very dangerous. Carbon monoxide can build up inside a house
because of incomplete combustion and cause severe sickness and even death.
Make sure your home is equipped with working CO alarms.